Contract Tutoring Policies:
Contracts will start with the second session and continue until tutoring services are ended by the parent or due to graduation from the tutoring program.
*Notification of the end of tutoring services needs to be given at least two weeks prior to the final session date.
- ALL Payments are expected prior to the beginning of the session. You are welcome to prepay for multiple sessions. We accept cash, check (made out to “Avery Learning Lab”), or credit ($1.00 fee per $25 charged to the card-we send invoices by email for this so please let us know if this is the option you would prefer).
- In the event of late payments, you will be asked to pay a month in advance after 2 late payments in order to hold your time slot.
- We will give at least 1 hour of notice if we are late, to confirm that the new time will be convenient for you. If it is not we will either reschedule or you will not be charged.
- You will give us at least 1 hour of notice if you are late, to confirm that the new time will be convenient. If not we will tutor for the time remaining in the original time slot from the point that you arrive, and you will be charged the full fee.
The below policy applies for 3 cancellations per semester. Over that the full fee will be charged regardless of advanced notice.
- If the cancellation occurs 7 days in advance there will be no charge
- If the cancellation occurs 3 days in advance there will be a charge of $30 (comprehensive session), $25 (intensive session), or $15 (basic session)
- If the cancellation occurs with less than 3 days notice you will be charged the full fee
- In case of emergencies such as illness, you will notify us as early as possible. (1 per semester will not be charged-2 more per semester will be $30 (comprehensive session), $25 (intensive session), or $15 (basic session), after that the full fee will be charged)
In the case of rescheduling missed sessions:
You will be responsible for paying the fee by the originally scheduled date. If we are able to reschedule instead of cancelling the fee will be applied to the rescheduled date and will not result in an extra charge.
If you cancel the rescheduled session it will count as a second cancellation and will result in the appropriate cancellation fee.
In the event of excessive cancellations and/or rescheduling, we reserve the right to add additional fees, or terminate this contract.
As Needed Tutoring Policies:
There is no contract for these sessions. However, it is expected that the main office receive your payment for this session at least 24 hours before the start of the session. If for some reason you have to cancel last minute $20 of the fee will be non-refundable. The remainder of the fee will be returned to you via Paypal (if this is how you paid) or via check. If we are able to reschedule rather than cancel, the fee will be applied to the rescheduled session.
All Tutoring Policies:
Please contact your tutor first about cancellations and rescheduling. If contacting via email please CC email@example.com. If you are unable to reach your tutor, please email the main office or call/text the main office at 919-578-6990
1. Students should have completed as much of their homework as possible before tutoring time. This way we can help them with the problems/questions they didn’t understand. Then we can focus on reviewing or pre-learning the topics that they need for specific subject(s). Your child will learn better if they try on their own first, and this will allow us to use our time more efficiently.
2. Students should be prepared. They should bring book bags including paper, pencil or pen, and all books and/or laptop needed for the subjects we are working on. These materials should be ready whether they are at home or at a different location.
Please fee free to contact us about any questions. You will be sent a contract and/or email stating the above policies. Please sign and return the contracts if that applies.
1923 Shaw Rd., Durham, NC 27704